Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wayne Mazurek - What I think about the auto industry

"First, concerning Chrysler, take $60 million from Fiat to support Chrysler and put $10 million from Opel on top and see how that adds up. See if that will keep them open. I don’t want them to go bankrupt ever. Not now. Ever. Families might want to buy their cars for about 40 years.

Stop making the Hummers. Permanently. They’re too boxy on the top. They kind of look like a fruit box. I don’t think they’re attractive. I made a big mistake of getting a book from them. I like Cadillacs a lot more than Hummers. I don’t like Hummers because they are too high for me. I can’t get into them – they’re too tall. They came up to over my waist. I don’t call them perfect cars. No more Dodges either. Period. Keep making Cadillacs and the Buick Park Avenues – a separate car line, from the same company that makes the Skylark and the Century. If you put Cadillac tail lights on the Century that will make them sell. Keep the same shell for the Century, just change the tail lights a little bit so people can see a lot better. The tail lights are too thin and you can’t hardly see them. Add more body styles – all four doors.

It may sound crazy but I hope they accept my way of thinking."

1 comment:

  1. Barely a week later Wayne's advice is sounding prophetic. I wonder how he would fix the credit industry?

    ReplyDelete