Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Letter to Diane Sawyer from Luke Tauber

Dear Diane Sawyer,

My name is Luke Tauber and I live at Little City in Palatine, Illinois. I am 63 years old.

For the past few years I’ve been working on a series of art projects about composers, my deceased parents, and Western funeral practices. Of particular interest to me are the composers Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Schubert, and Schumann. I have extensively researched their lives, musical works and deaths. I have begun to craft elaborate reconstructions of the composers’ mausoleums and grave sites through watercolor and ink drawings, as well as painted cardboard sculptures. For the past several years, I have been working on a life size model of Beethoven’s body along with charts that contemplate what Beethoven might have had to eat and drink just before his death.

I would like to meet you and talk to you about my art on Good Morning America. I like the way you talk about art and artists. I also like that you have people who come on the show and talk about their problems, for example when someone dies and you invite the widow to talk.

I like the show a lot, I see it every day, and I hope you will consider inviting me to be on the show. I would also like for you and Robin to come to Little City and see me in person. We have an art studio on campus and you could meet me there and have coffee or tea. We could also go to lunch or dinner somewhere nearby. Steak ‘N Shake has good chocolate shakes and good hamburgers and butter burgers.

Thank you for reading my letter.

Bye bye,
Luke Tauber

1 comment:

  1. Now, that would be a great interview- I would definitely watch good morning america to see that, Luke. I just hope that they provide cheese for you in the green room.

    ReplyDelete